Pakistan minorities demand protection of life
Karachi: Pakistani Hindus and Christians, along with civil society members, staged a demonstration in Karachi seeking protection of life and property of minority communities across Pakistan, who, time and again, have been subjected to kidnappings and forced conversions in the country.
Leaders of Hindu and Christian communities said the Hindus of Sindh were being compelled to migrate to India under a "well-hatched conspiracy". They also demanded equal rights including jobs in military, civil and other organisations, reports the Daily Times.
The demonstrators condemned the forced conversions of Hindu girls and demanded their immediate recovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends