‘Pakistan must stop atrocities in Balochistan’
New Delhi: Prominent Pakistani human rights activist Asma Jehangir wants Pakistan to put its act together for a time-bound mechanism to address the unrest in Balochistan while appealing for stopping "hair-raising" atrocities in the troubled province.
Jehangir, who is in India as part of a delegation of Supreme Court Bar Association of Pakistan (SCBAP) attending a seminar organised by Supreme Court Bar Association, said her country was going through a "very difficult" phase which was not comprehended here properly.
"I think that the government (of Pakistan) has to put its act together. First of all, the atrocities which are very tragic, which are hair-raising have to stop," Jehangir told a news agency on the sidelines of dinner hosted in her honour by South Asia Free Media Association (SAFMA) and South Asian Women in Media (SAWM) here.
She said Pakistan government has to have "time-bound... political talks so that they can convince the nationalists of a sincere agenda which should be placed into their hands so that the nationalists can execute it themselves".
The whole attitude of giving Balochistan something should now disappear, she said, adding "the Balochs have to be in-charge as a province for themselves."
Talking about 26/11 Mumbai attacks and Pakistan`s inability to bring the perpetrators to book, she said they have denounced it but at the same time India must remember that they go through terrorist attacks every single day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog