Pakistan not hostile towards anyone: Gen Kayani
Islamabad: Pakistan "harbours no aggression towards anyone", said the country`s powerful Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani at the launch ceremony of a book on an Army officer who was killed battling Indian tanks in 1971.
General Kayani on Friday said that Pakistan is a peace loving nation and focus of its armed forces always remained on defending and serving the country, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
"We are a peace loving nation and harbour no aggression towards anyone but at the same time we value our freedom and independence more than anything else," he said at the General Headquarters in Rawalpindi.
He made the remarks at the launch ceremony of book on the life of Major Shabir Sharif.
"What more can a solider desire" is an account of Major Shabir`s acts of bravery during the two Pakistan-India wars of 1965 and 1971. The major was killed December 06, 1971 while firing and engaging Indian tanks.
General Kayani said the armed forces are fully prepared to ensure sovereignty and dignity of the country.
On the war against terror, the general said: "The young officers have set examples for us and we should acknowledge the dedication of our brave soldiers who are taking pride by laying their lives for the nation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh
- Pakistan celebrate 'incredible journey' to No.1 in Test Cricket after 7 years