Pakistan offers assistance to train Maldivian police
Male: Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik Tuesday met his Maldivian counterpart here and offered Islamabad`s assistance to train the country`s police force.
Malik offered help to Maldives in various sectors at a bilateral meeting with Maldivian Home Minister Jameel.
Talking to reporters, Malik said that his country would help in training the staff of Maldives Police Service both at Pakistan and at Maldives.
He also said Pakistan has proposed a complete Bio-metric system to be installed at one of the airports of Maldives for free.
On his part, Jameel said the two sides would further discuss the matter.
Malik is also scheduled to meet Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde Tuesday.
Speaking to News Agencies after meeting Jameel, Malik said he strongly condemns the terror activities which are happening throughout the world and calls for immediate halt to such activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?