Pakistan on red alert for possible terror attack: Official
Washington: Islamabad is on red alert after officials received an intelligence intercept of a likely attack on a high-value target, two senior Pakistani officials have said.
According to CNN, they said that important military installations were under tight security.
A recently intercepted message among senior al Qaeda operatives raised alarm that led to the closing of 22 embassies and consulates on August 4 across the Middle East and North Africa .
The officials said that among the buildings being guarded are the headquarters for
Pakistan`s air force and navy, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Renault Kwid AMT ready in 800cc and 1.0-litre guise
- More typhoons expected in China next month
- Raghuram Rajan, Arvind Subramanian 'foisted' on India by Americans: Swamy
- Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy terms burkini as 'provocation' that supports radical Islam