Pakistan on red alert for possible terror attack: Official
Washington: Islamabad is on red alert after officials received an intelligence intercept of a likely attack on a high-value target, two senior Pakistani officials have said.
According to CNN, they said that important military installations were under tight security.
A recently intercepted message among senior al Qaeda operatives raised alarm that led to the closing of 22 embassies and consulates on August 4 across the Middle East and North Africa .
The officials said that among the buildings being guarded are the headquarters for
Pakistan`s air force and navy, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate