Pakistan orders shut down of govt offices near LoC: Report
Islamabad: Pakistan has ordered a complete shutdown of its government offices near the LoC for an indefinite period amidst continued tension in the area, a media report said Monday.
Tension along the Line of Control between Pakistani and Indian forces has increased in the last few weeks.
All the Pakistani offices within three kilometres of the LoC were ordered to be shut for an indefinite period, Express News reported.
The two sides agreed to a ceasefire along the LoC in November 2003, but skirmishes have flared across the heavily-militarised area.
Recent weeks have seen a steep increase in tensions with both sides blaming each other for having violated the agreement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read