Pakistan orders shut down of govt offices near LoC: Report
Islamabad: Pakistan has ordered a complete shutdown of its government offices near the LoC for an indefinite period amidst continued tension in the area, a media report said Monday.
Tension along the Line of Control between Pakistani and Indian forces has increased in the last few weeks.
All the Pakistani offices within three kilometres of the LoC were ordered to be shut for an indefinite period, Express News reported.
The two sides agreed to a ceasefire along the LoC in November 2003, but skirmishes have flared across the heavily-militarised area.
Recent weeks have seen a steep increase in tensions with both sides blaming each other for having violated the agreement.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living