Pakistan Parliament passes resolution against LoC firing
Islamabad: The Pakistani Parliament today expressed concern over the violation of the ceasefire on the LoC and called for a "constructive" engagement with India.
The National Assembly or lower house of Parliament unanimously adopted a resolution, tabled by Defence Production Minister Rana Tanveer, that condemned the latest incident of firing as an "act of aggression" and expressed serious concerns at the ceasefire violations.
The House called for a "constructive and result-oriented process of engagement" with India.
The resolution also paid homage to Capt Sarfaraz Khan, who the army said was killed in Indian firing yesterday, and asked Pakistan`s civil and military leadership to strengthen the country?s defence.
This was the second such resolution passed by the National Assembly after a similar one adopted last week.
The Defence Committee of the Cabinet (DCC), the highest forum for decision-making on security issues, met today to chalk out a strategy to deal with tensions on the Line of Control.
Meanwhile, an army official claimed India had resorted to unprovoked firing at 11.15 pm last night in Batal and Nakyal sectors.
Both sides have accused each other of several violations of 2003 ceasefire on the LoC.
The recent flare-up began two weeks ago after five Indian soldiers were killed in an attack by Pakistani troops along the LoC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog