Pakistan Parliament to discuss US ties next week
Islamabad: A government official says Pakistan`s Parliament will begin a debate on the country`s new terms of reengagement with the United States next week, including whether to lift its blockade on war supplies heading into Afghanistan.
Ties have been frozen since American air strikes accidentally killed 24 Pakistani soldiers at the Afghan border in November.
The government formed a committee to look into Pakistan`s relations with the United States after the incident.
A government official said on Thursday the committee would present its findings to a parliamentary session next week, likely on Monday. He didn`t give his name because he was not authorised to release the information.
Pakistani officials have said the decision to reopen the supply lines will made during or after that session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi