Pakistan Parliament to discuss US ties next week
Islamabad: A government official says Pakistan`s Parliament will begin a debate on the country`s new terms of reengagement with the United States next week, including whether to lift its blockade on war supplies heading into Afghanistan.
Ties have been frozen since American air strikes accidentally killed 24 Pakistani soldiers at the Afghan border in November.
The government formed a committee to look into Pakistan`s relations with the United States after the incident.
A government official said on Thursday the committee would present its findings to a parliamentary session next week, likely on Monday. He didn`t give his name because he was not authorised to release the information.
Pakistani officials have said the decision to reopen the supply lines will made during or after that session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security