Pakistan planning amusement park in Osama`s Abbottabad
London: Abbottabad, the Pakistani city where Osama Bin Laden was found and killed by US special forces, is building an amusement park in the hope of boosting tourism.
The park has no link to the al Qaeda leader, instead, it will boast a zoo, water sports, mini-golf, rock-climbing and a paragliding club, officials in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province said.
The officials said that the park will cost some 30 million dollars and take five years to build.
According to the BBC, Syed Aqil Shah, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa`s minister for tourism and sports told an international news agency that ‘the amusement city will be built on 50 acres in the first phase, but later will be extended to 500 acres’.
The compound where Laden lived in Abbottabad has now been demolished, and the new amusement park will not be built on the site.
Officials are reported to have earmarked the old compound for government housing units.
The new venture will be located on the edge of Abbottabad, part of a major push to improve tourist facilities across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?