Pakistan PM bats for cooperation, closer ties with India
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Saturday said that his PML-N party has pursued a policy of friendship and cooperation with India ever since its previous stints in power and will continue to do so to promote peace and prosperity in the region.
The Prime Minister expressed these views in a meeting of Pak-India Joint Business Council at the Prime Minister`s House, his office said.
"It has always been his utmost endeavour to bring the peoples of the two South Asian neighbours closer to each other so that they can benefit from each other`s experiences," an official statement said.
Expressing his satisfaction over the visit of Indian businessmen under the auspices of Pak-India Joint Business Council, Sharif said, "It is reassuring that both sides are sitting together and talking to each other."
The Prime Minister told the meeting that he had directed Khawaja Muhammad Asif, Minister for Water & Power, to visit India and explore potential areas of cooperation between the two countries.
Sharif told the Indian businessmen that his government is following investor-friendly policies.
"We are facing acute power shortage in our country and any assistance in the power sector would help us in addressing the issue," he added.
Indian members of the Council informed the Prime Minister that being located in the same region and facing similar problems, India can be of great help in providing support in the fields of medical science, higher education and technical and vocational training.
The meeting also discussed Non Discriminatory Market Access and agreed that the industrialists of both the countries should be provided a level-playing field.
Pervez Rashid, Minister for Information, Broadcasting & National Heritage and Tariq Fatemi, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister and senior officials also attended the meeting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference