Pakistan police arrest another Taliban leader: Report
Washington: Police in northwest Pakistan arrested Mulvi Kabir, one of the top 10 most wanted Taliban leaders and a former Governor of Afghanistan`s Nanghar province, the latest news is reported on the website of Fox News.
The network, citing two unnamed senior US officials, yesterday said that Pakistani police captured Kabir in the New Shera district of Pakistan`s Northwest Frontier Province.
The capture is a "significant detention," a senior US military official in Afghanistan told Fox.
According to Fox, the information leading to Kabir`s capture was obtained from Mullah Baradar, the Taliban second in command, whose arrest was announced on February 18
following a joint US-Pakistani operation.
Baradar`s capture has resulted in the arrests of several Taliban leaders -- the people US officials told Fox are "shadow governors" that operate from Pakistan`s frontier and
The Pentagon announced that two other Taliban officials were arrested after Baradar`s capture.
Those include Mullah Abdul Salem, based in Afghanistan`s Kunduz province, and Mullah Mir Mohammad, based in the Baghlan province, the New York Times reported citing Afghan officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list