Pakistan police arrests two suspects linked to hospital attack
Lahore: Pakistani police on Tuesday said they
had arrested two suspects linked to a terrorist attack on
Jinnah hospital in the Muridke area of this eastern city where
the headquarters of the Jamaat-ud-Dawah is located.
The arrest of the two suspects identified only as
Sajid and Ikram was confirmed by Special Superintendent of
Police Zulfiqar Hamid, who told PTI it would be "premature" to
link the detained men to the JuD.
The two men were arrested on suspicion of links to
yesterday`s attack on Jinnah Hospital that left five persons
dead and seven injured.
Police said they were also believed to be linked to
last week`s terrorist assault on two mosques of the minority
Ahmedi sect that killed 95 people.
Four terrorists disguised as policemen stormed the
Jinnah Hospital last night in an attempt to "free or kill"
Moaz alias Amir Muavia, a terrorist who was captured in an
injured condition during the attack on an Ahmedi mosque on
The terrorists were repulsed by policemen and failed
to reach Moaz. The Pakistani Taliban had claimed
responsibility for the attacks on the Ahmedi mosques.
Two of the attackers blew themselves up inside a
mosque while two more Moaz and Mohammad Abdullah were
In a separate development, a man identified only as
Rizwan was arrested by police while allegedly conducting a
reconnaissance of the JuD`s Al-Qadsia mosque at Chowburji in
Lahore, police said.
Rizwan told police that he had been sent by a
militant group that intended to target JuD chief Hafiz Saeed,
However, JuD spokesman Yahya Mujahid denied that any
person had been detained near the Al-Qadsia mosque.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly