Pakistan police arrests two suspects linked to hospital attack
Lahore: Pakistani police on Tuesday said they
had arrested two suspects linked to a terrorist attack on
Jinnah hospital in the Muridke area of this eastern city where
the headquarters of the Jamaat-ud-Dawah is located.
The arrest of the two suspects identified only as
Sajid and Ikram was confirmed by Special Superintendent of
Police Zulfiqar Hamid, who told PTI it would be "premature" to
link the detained men to the JuD.
The two men were arrested on suspicion of links to
yesterday`s attack on Jinnah Hospital that left five persons
dead and seven injured.
Police said they were also believed to be linked to
last week`s terrorist assault on two mosques of the minority
Ahmedi sect that killed 95 people.
Four terrorists disguised as policemen stormed the
Jinnah Hospital last night in an attempt to "free or kill"
Moaz alias Amir Muavia, a terrorist who was captured in an
injured condition during the attack on an Ahmedi mosque on
The terrorists were repulsed by policemen and failed
to reach Moaz. The Pakistani Taliban had claimed
responsibility for the attacks on the Ahmedi mosques.
Two of the attackers blew themselves up inside a
mosque while two more Moaz and Mohammad Abdullah were
In a separate development, a man identified only as
Rizwan was arrested by police while allegedly conducting a
reconnaissance of the JuD`s Al-Qadsia mosque at Chowburji in
Lahore, police said.
Rizwan told police that he had been sent by a
militant group that intended to target JuD chief Hafiz Saeed,
However, JuD spokesman Yahya Mujahid denied that any
person had been detained near the Al-Qadsia mosque.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch