Pakistan political worker accused of raping Hindu minor girl
Islamabad: A 14-year-old Hindu girl was allegedly raped by a local leader of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) near Umerkot.
According to reports, the suspect forcibly entered the victim`s house in Mubarak Tarr village, which is 35 kilometres from Chachro, along with two other men.
He tortured the victim`s mother first and then raped the girl, while his accomplices guarded the door, reports The Express Tribune. Since the suspect belongs to an influential family, the victim`s family failed to receive proper shelter, the paper said.
The victim`s father and other community members went to Chachro taluka hospital for a medical checkup, but the doctors refused to carry it out without an FIR.
When the father asked the police to file an FIR, they also refused, the paper said.
The victim`s father called it an injustice against his daughter. However, after being pressured by journalists, the Chachro police registered an FIR against the suspect and his two accomplices. The victim, her father and the rest of her family staged a sit-in outside MNA Mahesh Malhani``s house. The whole family threatened to set themselves on fire. There were reports that the accused was trying to convince the victim``s family to withdraw the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray