Pakistan political worker accused of raping Hindu minor girl
Islamabad: A 14-year-old Hindu girl was allegedly raped by a local leader of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) near Umerkot.
According to reports, the suspect forcibly entered the victim`s house in Mubarak Tarr village, which is 35 kilometres from Chachro, along with two other men.
He tortured the victim`s mother first and then raped the girl, while his accomplices guarded the door, reports The Express Tribune. Since the suspect belongs to an influential family, the victim`s family failed to receive proper shelter, the paper said.
The victim`s father and other community members went to Chachro taluka hospital for a medical checkup, but the doctors refused to carry it out without an FIR.
When the father asked the police to file an FIR, they also refused, the paper said.
The victim`s father called it an injustice against his daughter. However, after being pressured by journalists, the Chachro police registered an FIR against the suspect and his two accomplices. The victim, her father and the rest of her family staged a sit-in outside MNA Mahesh Malhani``s house. The whole family threatened to set themselves on fire. There were reports that the accused was trying to convince the victim``s family to withdraw the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists