Pakistan political worker accused of raping Hindu minor girl
Islamabad: A 14-year-old Hindu girl was allegedly raped by a local leader of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) near Umerkot.
According to reports, the suspect forcibly entered the victim`s house in Mubarak Tarr village, which is 35 kilometres from Chachro, along with two other men.
He tortured the victim`s mother first and then raped the girl, while his accomplices guarded the door, reports The Express Tribune. Since the suspect belongs to an influential family, the victim`s family failed to receive proper shelter, the paper said.
The victim`s father and other community members went to Chachro taluka hospital for a medical checkup, but the doctors refused to carry it out without an FIR.
When the father asked the police to file an FIR, they also refused, the paper said.
The victim`s father called it an injustice against his daughter. However, after being pressured by journalists, the Chachro police registered an FIR against the suspect and his two accomplices. The victim, her father and the rest of her family staged a sit-in outside MNA Mahesh Malhani``s house. The whole family threatened to set themselves on fire. There were reports that the accused was trying to convince the victim``s family to withdraw the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi