Pakistan polls to be most expensive in history
Islamabad: The upcoming general elections in Pakistan will be the most expensive in the country`s history, with Rs 5.9 billion expected to be spent on the exercise, Geo News reported Tuesday.
The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) said in the previous elections in 2008, Rs.1.45 billion was spent.
Around 180 million ballot papers will be printed for the elections, which will cost around Rs.1 billion. This amount is double of what was spent during the last polls.
The cost of appointing polling staff will cost Rs.2 billion. The average cost incurred on each voter will be Rs 65.50, which is Rs 42.50 higher than the last election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium