Pakistan Prez seeks report of attacks on Christian
Islamabad: Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has taken a serious note of attacks on the houses of Christians in Lahore and sought a report from the authorities over the incident, Xinhua reported.
Angry mob torched over 100 houses and shops of minority Christians in the city`s Badami Bagh area after a Christian boy was accused of blasphemy, police and residents said.
Police arrested the accused and his father Friday. But hundreds of people broke into the houses of Christians, looted them and burnt the remaining belongings on the roads.
The furious mob pelted stones at the police when they tried to disperse the demonstrators. Several policemen were injured in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi