Pakistan Prez seeks report of attacks on Christian
Islamabad: Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has taken a serious note of attacks on the houses of Christians in Lahore and sought a report from the authorities over the incident, Xinhua reported.
Angry mob torched over 100 houses and shops of minority Christians in the city`s Badami Bagh area after a Christian boy was accused of blasphemy, police and residents said.
Police arrested the accused and his father Friday. But hundreds of people broke into the houses of Christians, looted them and burnt the remaining belongings on the roads.
The furious mob pelted stones at the police when they tried to disperse the demonstrators. Several policemen were injured in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars