Pakistan Prez seeks report of attacks on Christian
Islamabad: Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has taken a serious note of attacks on the houses of Christians in Lahore and sought a report from the authorities over the incident, Xinhua reported.
Angry mob torched over 100 houses and shops of minority Christians in the city`s Badami Bagh area after a Christian boy was accused of blasphemy, police and residents said.
Police arrested the accused and his father Friday. But hundreds of people broke into the houses of Christians, looted them and burnt the remaining belongings on the roads.
The furious mob pelted stones at the police when they tried to disperse the demonstrators. Several policemen were injured in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali