Pakistan Prime Minster quits smoking
Islamabad: Prime Minster Raja Pervez Ashraf has given up smoking, becoming the only member of Pakistan`s power troika of premier, president and army chief to stop using tobacco, according to a media report today.
Ashraf made the decision to quit smoking when he was in Mecca last month to perform Haj at the special invitation of King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz.
President Asif Zardari, who too is a smoker, appreciated Ashraf`s decision and hinted he too would quit, The News reported today.
Kayani, known to be a chain smoker, resumed smoking after staying away from the habit for 20 years.
He resumed smoking when he was the vice chief.
The daily quoted its sources in the Prime Minister`s House as saying that the staff was pleased with Ashraf`s decision as his physicians had been advising him for many months to quit smoking.
Ashraf was a smoker for over 30 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand