Pakistan Prime Minster quits smoking
Islamabad: Prime Minster Raja Pervez Ashraf has given up smoking, becoming the only member of Pakistan`s power troika of premier, president and army chief to stop using tobacco, according to a media report today.
Ashraf made the decision to quit smoking when he was in Mecca last month to perform Haj at the special invitation of King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz.
President Asif Zardari, who too is a smoker, appreciated Ashraf`s decision and hinted he too would quit, The News reported today.
Kayani, known to be a chain smoker, resumed smoking after staying away from the habit for 20 years.
He resumed smoking when he was the vice chief.
The daily quoted its sources in the Prime Minister`s House as saying that the staff was pleased with Ashraf`s decision as his physicians had been advising him for many months to quit smoking.
Ashraf was a smoker for over 30 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed