Pakistan Prime Minster quits smoking
Islamabad: Prime Minster Raja Pervez Ashraf has given up smoking, becoming the only member of Pakistan`s power troika of premier, president and army chief to stop using tobacco, according to a media report today.
Ashraf made the decision to quit smoking when he was in Mecca last month to perform Haj at the special invitation of King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz.
President Asif Zardari, who too is a smoker, appreciated Ashraf`s decision and hinted he too would quit, The News reported today.
Kayani, known to be a chain smoker, resumed smoking after staying away from the habit for 20 years.
He resumed smoking when he was the vice chief.
The daily quoted its sources in the Prime Minister`s House as saying that the staff was pleased with Ashraf`s decision as his physicians had been advising him for many months to quit smoking.
Ashraf was a smoker for over 30 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review