Pakistan protests arrest of fisherman by BSF
New Delhi: Pakistan on Wednesday said the arrest of a Pakistani fishermen by the Border Security Force (BSF) off Gujarat can "vitiate the atmosphere" of talks with India.
Pakistan High Commission press attaché Manzoor Ali Memon said Gul Bahar was arrested on July 23 in Harani Dhoro area off Sir Creek.
He said the high commission lodged a protest with Indian authorities on Tuesday.
He said Pakistan had sought consular access to the arrested fisherman and sought a probe into the incident.
"The incident can vitiate the atmosphere, especially at a time when both sides have embarked on move for normalisation of relations," he said.
The Indian External Affairs Ministry could not be reached for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet