Pakistan protests arrest of fisherman by BSF
New Delhi: Pakistan on Wednesday said the arrest of a Pakistani fishermen by the Border Security Force (BSF) off Gujarat can "vitiate the atmosphere" of talks with India.
Pakistan High Commission press attaché Manzoor Ali Memon said Gul Bahar was arrested on July 23 in Harani Dhoro area off Sir Creek.
He said the high commission lodged a protest with Indian authorities on Tuesday.
He said Pakistan had sought consular access to the arrested fisherman and sought a probe into the incident.
"The incident can vitiate the atmosphere, especially at a time when both sides have embarked on move for normalisation of relations," he said.
The Indian External Affairs Ministry could not be reached for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees