Pakistan protests arrest of fisherman by BSF
New Delhi: Pakistan on Wednesday said the arrest of a Pakistani fishermen by the Border Security Force (BSF) off Gujarat can "vitiate the atmosphere" of talks with India.
Pakistan High Commission press attaché Manzoor Ali Memon said Gul Bahar was arrested on July 23 in Harani Dhoro area off Sir Creek.
He said the high commission lodged a protest with Indian authorities on Tuesday.
He said Pakistan had sought consular access to the arrested fisherman and sought a probe into the incident.
"The incident can vitiate the atmosphere, especially at a time when both sides have embarked on move for normalisation of relations," he said.
The Indian External Affairs Ministry could not be reached for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog