Islamabad: Pakistan on Monday summoned the Indian Deputy High Commissioner here to lodge a protest over "unprovoked ceasefire violations", a day after India had also registered a similar protest over recent ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops along the LoC that killed six people.
Pakistan's Foreign Office (FO) said it protested over the alleged violations on August 15 and 16 by Indian troops at the Line of Control in Kotli sector.
"Moreover, fifteen civilians were also injured as a result of Indian fire," the Foreign Office said.
Deputy High Commissioner J P Singh was conveyed that India must investigate the incident, share the findings of the investigations with Pakistan, instruct its troops to respect the ceasefire, in letter and spirit, and maintain peace on the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir, it said.
It also said that "Pakistan notes with regret and deep concern that during the last two months, so far, there have been 70 ceasefire violations from the Indian side of the LoC and the Working Boundary".
India yesterday summoned Pakistan's High Commissioner in New Delhi Abdul Basit to lodge a strong protest over the recent ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops along the LoC.
Basit was summoned to the External Affairs Ministry in New Delhi during which India conveyed its strong protest over the issue.
Six people have been killed in heavy firing and mortar bomb shelling by Pakistani troops at several Indian posts and civilian areas since last week.
Basit was summoned even as the two countries get ready for the first-ever NSA-level talks on terrorism-related issues on Sunday.
National Security Advisors of India and Pakistan -- Ajit Doval and Sartaj Aziz -- will hold talks on terrorism-related issues for the first time on August 23 in New Delhi.