Pakistan protests US drone strikes after 18 killed
Islamabad: Pakistan demanded an immediate end to the US drone strikes Wednesday while lodging its protest against the Tuesday strikes in the mountanious region of North Waziristan agency that killed 18 people, Geo News reported.
According to a statement issued by Pakistan`s foreign office, these strikes are a violation of Pakistan`s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
"The Government of Pakistan has consistently maintained that drone strikes are counter-productive, entail loss of innocent civilian lives and have human rights and humanitarian implications," said the ministry`s spokesperson in the statement.
The ministry stated that the US drone strikes have a negative impact on the mutual desire of both countries to forge a cordial and cooperative relationship and in ensuring peace and stability in the region.
The drones attacked a residential compound and a vehicle in Danday Darpa Khel area of the agency that borders Afghanistan, reported a Pakistani daily, citing sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This Islamic outfit is opposing installation of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's statue - Know why
- BSF trooper stabs colleague, escapes with weapon in J&K
- 2 fraudulent websites selling LED under UJALA, govt gets in action
- AAP blames central government for action against Bhagwant Mann
- Watch: When Anushka Sharma went gaga over 'susheel ladka' Ranveer Singh!