Pakistan protests US drone strikes after 18 killed
Islamabad: Pakistan demanded an immediate end to the US drone strikes Wednesday while lodging its protest against the Tuesday strikes in the mountanious region of North Waziristan agency that killed 18 people, Geo News reported.
According to a statement issued by Pakistan`s foreign office, these strikes are a violation of Pakistan`s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
"The Government of Pakistan has consistently maintained that drone strikes are counter-productive, entail loss of innocent civilian lives and have human rights and humanitarian implications," said the ministry`s spokesperson in the statement.
The ministry stated that the US drone strikes have a negative impact on the mutual desire of both countries to forge a cordial and cooperative relationship and in ensuring peace and stability in the region.
The drones attacked a residential compound and a vehicle in Danday Darpa Khel area of the agency that borders Afghanistan, reported a Pakistani daily, citing sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you