Pakistan ratings: Sharifs popular, Gilani at -29
Lahore: Sharif brothers have emerged as the most popular political leaders in Pakistan in a survey.
According to a survey conducted by Gallop Pakistan, Chief Justice of Pakistan, Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, with 16 points, is the most popular leadership in the country.
Pakistan Muslim League-N (PNL-N) chief and former prime minister Nawaz Sharif emerged as the most popular political leader, with 12 points, the Daily Times reports.
Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif is the second most popular political leader, with 10 points, while Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan secured 5 points.
The survey was conducted in July 2011 to evaluate the public opinion about the political leadership and the popularity of the government.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has been named amongst the politicians with popularity in the negative domain.
The survey shows Gilani on the minus 29th position.
MQM chief Altaf Hussain was shown on the minus 41st, PML-Q chief Shujaat Hussain on the minus 40th, Maulana Fazlur Rehman on the minus 38th and Jamaat-e-Islami chief Munawwar Hassan on the minus 18th.
The topper on the minus list was Awami National Party chief Asfandyar Wali, who was shown on the minus 48th position in the survey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love