Pakistan ready to deliver nuclear weapons to Saudi Arabia?
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Islamabad: Pakistan has reached a secret deal to provide Saudi Arabia with nuclear weapons if Iran, which the world powers suspect is working on a nuclear programme, develops a nuke bomb.
According to a report on BBC Newsnight which cited western and Pakistani official, the nuclear weapons made in Pakistan are ready for delivery to Saudi Arabia.
The report also said that if the deal went ahead, the Saudis will be able to deploy the weapons sooner or within time Iran would take to do the same.
However, Pakistani nuclear programme father AQ Khan dismisses claims that the nuclear weapons are ready for delivery to Saudi Arabia as part of its efforts to counter Iran’s atomic programme
The Pakistan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs also dismissed the reports as `mischievous and baseless`.
Saudi Arabia has long said that it plans to obtain atomic weapons if its principal regional rival Iran declares itself a nuclear state.
There are also worries that Iran`s alleged nuclear programme could start a possible arms race in the Middle East region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!