Pakistan ready to deliver nuclear weapons to Saudi Arabia?
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Islamabad: Pakistan has reached a secret deal to provide Saudi Arabia with nuclear weapons if Iran, which the world powers suspect is working on a nuclear programme, develops a nuke bomb.
According to a report on BBC Newsnight which cited western and Pakistani official, the nuclear weapons made in Pakistan are ready for delivery to Saudi Arabia.
The report also said that if the deal went ahead, the Saudis will be able to deploy the weapons sooner or within time Iran would take to do the same.
However, Pakistani nuclear programme father AQ Khan dismisses claims that the nuclear weapons are ready for delivery to Saudi Arabia as part of its efforts to counter Iran’s atomic programme
The Pakistan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs also dismissed the reports as `mischievous and baseless`.
Saudi Arabia has long said that it plans to obtain atomic weapons if its principal regional rival Iran declares itself a nuclear state.
There are also worries that Iran`s alleged nuclear programme could start a possible arms race in the Middle East region.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India