Pakistan releases 26 Indian fishermen
Islamabad: Pakistan Thursday released 26 Indian fishermen, including a cancer patient, from a jail in Karachi.
After their release from Malir Jail, the fishermen said the authorities treated them well and they were happy to return to their homes, the Online news agency reported.
Samat Lakshman Bambhaniya, the fisherman suffering from cancer, thanked Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari for issuing orders for his release.
He said he had entered Pakistani waters by mistake as he was unaware of the limits.
Bambhaniya had been lodged in the Karachi jail for over a year now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'