Pakistan releases 26 Indian fishermen
Islamabad: Pakistan Thursday released 26 Indian fishermen, including a cancer patient, from a jail in Karachi.
After their release from Malir Jail, the fishermen said the authorities treated them well and they were happy to return to their homes, the Online news agency reported.
Samat Lakshman Bambhaniya, the fisherman suffering from cancer, thanked Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari for issuing orders for his release.
He said he had entered Pakistani waters by mistake as he was unaware of the limits.
Bambhaniya had been lodged in the Karachi jail for over a year now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad