Pakistan releases 26 Indian fishermen
Islamabad: Pakistan Thursday released 26 Indian fishermen, including a cancer patient, from a jail in Karachi.
After their release from Malir Jail, the fishermen said the authorities treated them well and they were happy to return to their homes, the Online news agency reported.
Samat Lakshman Bambhaniya, the fisherman suffering from cancer, thanked Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari for issuing orders for his release.
He said he had entered Pakistani waters by mistake as he was unaware of the limits.
Bambhaniya had been lodged in the Karachi jail for over a year now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte says Southeast Asia will insist China respects sea ruling
- PC shipment grew 7.2% in Q2 2016, HP leads: IDC
- Army asks police to find if drones being flown in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- CRPF trooper killed in landslide near Vaishno Devi shrine
- Defamation case: Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Mahatma Gandhi's assassination