Pakistan sacks police after Russians killed
Quetta: Pakistan has sacked two police
officers over the killings of four unarmed Russians, one of
them pregnant, and a Tajik in the southwestern city of Quetta,
police said on Thursday.
"We have taken action against these police officers and
removed them from service in the light of recommendation from
the inquiry tribunal of the Baluchistan High Court," Ahsan
Mehboob, Quetta police chief, said.
"The court, in its recommendation, held these police
officers responsible for negligence that caused the tragic
incident in which five foreigners, including three women, one
of whom was pregnant, were killed," Mehboob said.
On May 17, police and paramilitary from the Frontier Corps
opened fire on the group, claiming they were suicide bombers
who attacked a checkpoint in Kharotabad on the outskirts of
A subsequent judicial commission found that the Tajik and
four Russians, three of them women, were unarmed.
It accused former city police chief Daud Junejo and
Frontier Corps Colonel Faisal Shehzad of incompetence. Junejo
has since been pushed into retirement, but Shehzad remains in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?