Pakistan says 2 soldiers killed in LoC firing
Islamabad: The Pakistan Army on Thursday claimed two of its soldiers were killed in firing by Indian troops on the Line of Control in Kashmir.
The military said a soldier was killed and two more were injured in what it described as "unprovoked firing" by Indian troops in Tatta Pani sector of the LoC this evening.
Pakistani troops responded "effectively" to the Indian firing, the Inter-Services Public Relations said.
Earlier in the day, the military said a soldier was killed in Rakhcahri sector of the LoC near Rawalakot. Indian High Commissioner TCA Raghavan was called in to the Foreign Office to protest the firing in Rakhcahri sector.
Yesterday, an army captain was killed in shelling by Indian troops. Pakistan protested the incident by summoning the Indian Deputy High Commissioner to the Foreign Office.
The latest deaths were reported shortly after the lower house of Pakistan`s parliament passed a resolution that deplored the death of the captain as an "act of aggression" and called for a "constructive" engagement with India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'