Pakistan says Army airstrikes kill 12 militants
Parachinar: A local government official says Pakistani Army airstrikes have killed 12 suspected insurgents near the Afghan border.
The helicopter gunships targeted two suspected militant hide-outs in the Orakzai tribal region on Saturday.
The day before, a roadside bomb killed six paramilitary soldiers in Orakzai, where the Army has waged an offensive against the Taliban.
Local government administrator Aurangzeb Khan says Saturday`s airstrikes also wounded six militants.
The violence is a sign the Taliban are regrouping in Orakzai, where the Army had declared victory earlier this year.
Independent confirmation of the strikes and death toll is nearly impossible because access to the conflict zone is severely restricted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love