Pakistan says Army airstrikes kill 12 militants
Parachinar: A local government official says Pakistani Army airstrikes have killed 12 suspected insurgents near the Afghan border.
The helicopter gunships targeted two suspected militant hide-outs in the Orakzai tribal region on Saturday.
The day before, a roadside bomb killed six paramilitary soldiers in Orakzai, where the Army has waged an offensive against the Taliban.
Local government administrator Aurangzeb Khan says Saturday`s airstrikes also wounded six militants.
The violence is a sign the Taliban are regrouping in Orakzai, where the Army had declared victory earlier this year.
Independent confirmation of the strikes and death toll is nearly impossible because access to the conflict zone is severely restricted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details