Pakistan SC summons Imran Khan for contempt hearing
Karachi: Pakistan`s cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan was on Wednesday summoned by the Supreme Court on August 02 in a contempt hearing.
Geo news channel reported that the court had taken notice of the remarks made by Khan on July 28 against the Supreme Court and the Election Commission of Pakistan.
The channel said the court had said that Imran had committed a contempt of court and has been summoned on August 02.
Imran, who heads the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf party, which formed the government in the Khyber Pakhtunkhawa after the recent elections, had criticised the Election Commission and the apex Court for rescheduling the President`s election dates.
While the election was slated to be held on August 06, the Supreme Court had preponed it to Tuesday.
Meanwhile, dismissing the objections raised by Khan, the Election Commission has termed his criticism of the commission as baseless and unwarranted.
Khan had labelled the May 11 elections as the "most rigged" elections in the history of Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read