Pakistan SC summons Imran Khan for contempt hearing
Karachi: Pakistan`s cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan was on Wednesday summoned by the Supreme Court on August 02 in a contempt hearing.
Geo news channel reported that the court had taken notice of the remarks made by Khan on July 28 against the Supreme Court and the Election Commission of Pakistan.
The channel said the court had said that Imran had committed a contempt of court and has been summoned on August 02.
Imran, who heads the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf party, which formed the government in the Khyber Pakhtunkhawa after the recent elections, had criticised the Election Commission and the apex Court for rescheduling the President`s election dates.
While the election was slated to be held on August 06, the Supreme Court had preponed it to Tuesday.
Meanwhile, dismissing the objections raised by Khan, the Election Commission has termed his criticism of the commission as baseless and unwarranted.
Khan had labelled the May 11 elections as the "most rigged" elections in the history of Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers