`Pakistan seeks China help to develop Gwadar port`
Beijing: Pakistan Ambassador to China Masood Khan on Saturday said that Islamabad wants to further develop Gwadar port, adding that his country would welcome Chinese role in it.
According to the Associated Press of Pakistan, Khan told correspondents, “China has already built the Gwadar port. We, of course, want to develop it further. We will welcome a role by China in the future.”
“Though important in itself, development of Gwadar port will not be enough. We need to develop supporting transport (rail, road, air) and communication networks”, Khan said, adding China is playing a significant role in it as well.
The network from Gwadar to Khunjerab to Urumqi to Beijing to Shanghai will help China in increasing trade with the Middle East and Europe.
Khan said, “We will help China build a bridge to the Middle East and West Europe. We are also a conduit for China to reach out to the Muslim world”. Beijing and Islamabad are fighting the forces of terrorism, extremism and separatism, he added.
The ambassador insisted that Pakistan as well as China want to see South Asia become a prosperous region.
“Pakistan and China are neighbours, good friends and partners. We also call ourselves good brothers. Our two countries have common interests. Both want peace and stability in the region. Both want this region to prosper,” he said.
“China has given strong support to Pakistan’s defence, economic and trade sectors. We are looking for more Chinese investment in Pakistan,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says