`Pakistan seeks China help to develop Gwadar port`
Beijing: Pakistan Ambassador to China Masood Khan on Saturday said that Islamabad wants to further develop Gwadar port, adding that his country would welcome Chinese role in it.
According to the Associated Press of Pakistan, Khan told correspondents, “China has already built the Gwadar port. We, of course, want to develop it further. We will welcome a role by China in the future.”
“Though important in itself, development of Gwadar port will not be enough. We need to develop supporting transport (rail, road, air) and communication networks”, Khan said, adding China is playing a significant role in it as well.
The network from Gwadar to Khunjerab to Urumqi to Beijing to Shanghai will help China in increasing trade with the Middle East and Europe.
Khan said, “We will help China build a bridge to the Middle East and West Europe. We are also a conduit for China to reach out to the Muslim world”. Beijing and Islamabad are fighting the forces of terrorism, extremism and separatism, he added.
The ambassador insisted that Pakistan as well as China want to see South Asia become a prosperous region.
“Pakistan and China are neighbours, good friends and partners. We also call ourselves good brothers. Our two countries have common interests. Both want peace and stability in the region. Both want this region to prosper,” he said.
“China has given strong support to Pakistan’s defence, economic and trade sectors. We are looking for more Chinese investment in Pakistan,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic