Pakistan stirs controversy by staking claim to PoK’s Mangla Dam
New Delhi/Islamabad: The charge of killing two Indian Army soldiers in Indian territory across the Line of Control (LoC) appears to have cut no ice with the Pakistan establishment, and now to further aggravate India, Islamabad has stirred another controversy by showing the Mangla Dam as its own on the web site of the Pakistan president.
The information appears on the Pakistan president’s web site — www.presidentofpakistan.gov.pk.
According to a report with ANI, the Mangla Dam is actually located in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), and the controversial noting appears in the column “Major Facts of Pakistan”.
The dam is situated in Mirpur District and was constructed in 1967. It was recently upgraded with China’s help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'