Pakistan stirs controversy by staking claim to PoK’s Mangla Dam
New Delhi/Islamabad: The charge of killing two Indian Army soldiers in Indian territory across the Line of Control (LoC) appears to have cut no ice with the Pakistan establishment, and now to further aggravate India, Islamabad has stirred another controversy by showing the Mangla Dam as its own on the web site of the Pakistan president.
The information appears on the Pakistan president’s web site — www.presidentofpakistan.gov.pk.
According to a report with ANI, the Mangla Dam is actually located in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), and the controversial noting appears in the column “Major Facts of Pakistan”.
The dam is situated in Mirpur District and was constructed in 1967. It was recently upgraded with China’s help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet; Defence Minister undertakes aerial survey
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Catch Jacqueline Fernandez-John Abraham-Varun Dhawan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Indian aid worker kidnapped in Afghanistan released
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM
- Hallmark, ISI Mark, BEE Label –Know which certification marks are important for products you buy