Pakistan suffering famine-like child malnutrition
Islamabad: The United Nations says that southern Pakistan is suffering child malnutrition rates similar to those seen in African famines following last year`s
The United Nations Children`s Fund says a survey in
southern Sindh province shows that almost a quarter of
children under the age of five suffer from acute malnutrition.
UNICEF`s deputy representative in Pakistan, Karen
Allen, called the results "shockingly bad" in a statement that
appeared on the group`s website yesterday. She said the
malnutrition rates rival those from famines in Ethiopia, Chad
UNICEF`s chief of communications in Pakistan, Kristen
Elsby, called it "a humanitarian crisis of epic proportions."
She said the survey was carried out after floods hit Pakistan
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today