Pakistan Taliban leader`s brother killed
Islamabad: Kalimullah Mehsud, the brother of the new Pakistani Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud, has been killed in a clash with security forces in the country`s lawless tribal belt and the militants have said suicide bombers are being prepared to avenge his death.
Kalimullah was killed in a gun battle in the lawless North Waziristan tribal region bordering Afghanistan on Monday, media reports said on Thursday.
Earlier reports had said he was killed in one of two US drone attacks carried out in Waziristan on Tuesday. He was buried yesterday, the reports said.
Taliban spokesman Qari Hussain said suicide bombers were being prepared to avenge Kalimullah`s death as well as the killing for former Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Baitullah Mehsud, who also died in a US drone attack.
"We will take revenge for the assassination of Baitullah and Kalimullah," Hussain said.
Hakimullah, who is yet to speak to the media or appear in public since his appointment as the new chief of the Pakistani Taliban, has two more brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch