Pakistan Taliban vow to send Pervez Musharraf to ‘hell’
Islamabad: Pakistan Taliban have reportedly threatened to assassinate former military ruler Pervez Musharraf even as he has been granted pre-arrest bail by a Pakistani court ahead of his visit on March 24.
Issuing a clear warning, Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ihsanullah Ihsan said Musharraf will be the "main target" of the militants on his return. Ihsan asked Musharraf to surrender to the Taliban.
In a video released by the terror outfit on Saturday, the TTP has threatened that if Musharraf comes back to Pakistan then their suicide bombers and snipers will send him to “hell”, as per reports.
In the six-minute video, both Ihsan and Adnan Rashid referred to the 2007 military raid on the radical Lal Masjid in Islamabad and said, "We will not leave you alive."
Rashid, who escaped from prison last year, has made several attempts to assasinate Musharraf earlier.
The raid against extremist elements holed up in Lal Masjid was ordered by Musharraf, who was also the Army chief at the time.
The 69-years-old former president has been living in self-exile since 2009. He plans to return to Karachi to lead his party in upcoming polls. He has been shuttling between London and Dubai after he went out of Pakistan in exile.
The threats have been made at a time when a Pakistani court has granted a pre-arrest bail in several cases including some cases in which he has been declared a proclaimed offender.
The anti-terrorism court had declared Musharraf a fugitive and issued arrest warrants for him after he refused to cooperate with investigators probing Bhutto`s assassination.
Fearing an attempt on his life by militant organisations, Musharraf has asked the government to step up his security measures by providing him a bullet proof vehicle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy