Pakistan Taliban vow to send Pervez Musharraf to ‘hell’
Islamabad: Pakistan Taliban have reportedly threatened to assassinate former military ruler Pervez Musharraf even as he has been granted pre-arrest bail by a Pakistani court ahead of his visit on March 24.
Issuing a clear warning, Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ihsanullah Ihsan said Musharraf will be the "main target" of the militants on his return. Ihsan asked Musharraf to surrender to the Taliban.
In a video released by the terror outfit on Saturday, the TTP has threatened that if Musharraf comes back to Pakistan then their suicide bombers and snipers will send him to “hell”, as per reports.
In the six-minute video, both Ihsan and Adnan Rashid referred to the 2007 military raid on the radical Lal Masjid in Islamabad and said, "We will not leave you alive."
Rashid, who escaped from prison last year, has made several attempts to assasinate Musharraf earlier.
The raid against extremist elements holed up in Lal Masjid was ordered by Musharraf, who was also the Army chief at the time.
The 69-years-old former president has been living in self-exile since 2009. He plans to return to Karachi to lead his party in upcoming polls. He has been shuttling between London and Dubai after he went out of Pakistan in exile.
The threats have been made at a time when a Pakistani court has granted a pre-arrest bail in several cases including some cases in which he has been declared a proclaimed offender.
The anti-terrorism court had declared Musharraf a fugitive and issued arrest warrants for him after he refused to cooperate with investigators probing Bhutto`s assassination.
Fearing an attempt on his life by militant organisations, Musharraf has asked the government to step up his security measures by providing him a bullet proof vehicle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla