Pakistan: Three killed in roadside bomb blast
Islamabad: Three persons were killed and seven others injured when a police van was targeted with a roadside bomb in Quetta city of southwest Pakistan on Sunday, police said.
The bomb went off on the busy Saryab Road, killing three passers-by, officials said. Two policemen were among the injured.
The condition of some of the injured was described by officials as serious.
The bomb was planted by the roadside and detonated by remote control.
Officials said the target of the attack was the police van which was on a routine patrol.
Security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS