Pakistan to celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr on Saturday
Islamabad: Pakistan will celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr on Saturday, the Shawwal moon sighting committee announced.
The Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee chairman Mufti Munib-ur-Rehman added that the Shawwal moon was not sighted in any part of the country, Geo TV reported. Shawwal is the 10th month of the Islamic lunar calendar.
The committee, tasked with sighting the moon, met on Thursday at Pakistan Meteorological Department in Karachi before the announcement at a press conference.
Eid-ul-Fitr marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic month of fasting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur