Pakistan to celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr on Saturday
Islamabad: Pakistan will celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr on Saturday, the Shawwal moon sighting committee announced.
The Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee chairman Mufti Munib-ur-Rehman added that the Shawwal moon was not sighted in any part of the country, Geo TV reported. Shawwal is the 10th month of the Islamic lunar calendar.
The committee, tasked with sighting the moon, met on Thursday at Pakistan Meteorological Department in Karachi before the announcement at a press conference.
Eid-ul-Fitr marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic month of fasting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman