Pakistan to celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr on Saturday
Islamabad: Pakistan will celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr on Saturday, the Shawwal moon sighting committee announced.
The Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee chairman Mufti Munib-ur-Rehman added that the Shawwal moon was not sighted in any part of the country, Geo TV reported. Shawwal is the 10th month of the Islamic lunar calendar.
The committee, tasked with sighting the moon, met on Thursday at Pakistan Meteorological Department in Karachi before the announcement at a press conference.
Eid-ul-Fitr marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic month of fasting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons