Pakistan to facilitate Afghan reconciliation proce
Islamabad: Pakistan was committed to playing a facilitator`s role in the Afghan reconciliation process, said Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani.
Gilani urged the international community to assist Afghanistan and Pakistan achieve the objective of restoration of peace and stability in Afghanistan and the region, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
He was talking to Australian Special Envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan Ric Smith here.
The Prime Minister said that execution of mammoth projects in infrastructure, energy and communication sectors will facilitate connectivity between the two countries.
He added that Pakistan would like to extend the Afghan-Pakistan Transit Trade Agreement to Central Asia.
Gilani said Pakistan was keen to develop strong cooperation with Australia in different fields including defence and agriculture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video