Pakistan to get 50 fighter jets from China
Islamabad: China will hand over 50 multi-role combat aircraft to Pakistan, it was reported here on Thursday.
Pakistan will get the 50 JF-17 Thunder aircraft "in weeks", Dawn quoted an official as saying in Beijing where Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani is on a four-day trip that takes places shortly after Osama bin Laden was killed by US commandos in Abbottabad on May 02.
The official said Pakistan and China were jointly producing the JF-17 aircraft, but the 50 fighter jets would have more sophisticated avionics.
He said the aircraft would be fully funded by China and it would help bolster Pakistan`s defence and add to the tactical capability of the Pakistan Air Force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video