Pakistan to raise drone issue with John Kerry
Islamabad: Pakistan`s foreign ministry has said that the issue of the US drone attacks will be raised with US Secretary of State John Kerry, scheduled to visit Pakistan later this month.
Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhary, spokesman with the foreign office, said the exact dates and agenda of Kerry`s visit were being finalised by the two countries, Xinhua reported.
He reiterated that the drone strikes constitute a breach of Pakistan`s sovereignty, violation of international law and human rights besides being counter-productive to the fight against terror.
"The issue has been taken up with the United States and it would also be taken up again in forthcoming contacts with the United States," Chaudhary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation