Pakistan to release 89 Indian prisoners next month
Islamabad: The Pakistan government on Tuesday
said it would free 89 Indian prisoners, including fishermen,
on April 15 as part of measures initiated by the two countries
to speed up the release of their nationals held in each
"The government of Pakistan has conveyed its decision
to the Indian government to release 89 Indian fishermen/
prisoners included in the Indian list that was handed over to
Pakistan during the Interior (and) Home Secretaries meeting in
New Delhi," the Foreign Office said in a brief statement.
"These Indian nationals will be handed over to the
Indian side on April 15, 2011," the statement said.
The Foreign Office further said that India had
released 39 Pakistani prisoners on April 11 from the list of
prisoners that Pakistan had given to India during the meeting
of the Interior and Home Secretaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city