Pakistan to release 89 Indian prisoners next month
Islamabad: The Pakistan government on Tuesday
said it would free 89 Indian prisoners, including fishermen,
on April 15 as part of measures initiated by the two countries
to speed up the release of their nationals held in each
"The government of Pakistan has conveyed its decision
to the Indian government to release 89 Indian fishermen/
prisoners included in the Indian list that was handed over to
Pakistan during the Interior (and) Home Secretaries meeting in
New Delhi," the Foreign Office said in a brief statement.
"These Indian nationals will be handed over to the
Indian side on April 15, 2011," the statement said.
The Foreign Office further said that India had
released 39 Pakistani prisoners on April 11 from the list of
prisoners that Pakistan had given to India during the meeting
of the Interior and Home Secretaries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India