Pakistan to release 89 Indian prisoners next month
Islamabad: The Pakistan government on Tuesday
said it would free 89 Indian prisoners, including fishermen,
on April 15 as part of measures initiated by the two countries
to speed up the release of their nationals held in each
"The government of Pakistan has conveyed its decision
to the Indian government to release 89 Indian fishermen/
prisoners included in the Indian list that was handed over to
Pakistan during the Interior (and) Home Secretaries meeting in
New Delhi," the Foreign Office said in a brief statement.
"These Indian nationals will be handed over to the
Indian side on April 15, 2011," the statement said.
The Foreign Office further said that India had
released 39 Pakistani prisoners on April 11 from the list of
prisoners that Pakistan had given to India during the meeting
of the Interior and Home Secretaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq