Pakistan to rename Sindh province to `Sind`
Islamabad: The Sindh Assembly today approved a bill to rename the southern Pakistani province as Sind.
The assembly approved the Sindh Laws Amendment Bill of 2012, whereby the letter "h" will be removed from the name of the province.
The name of the province will be written as Sind instead of Sindh, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
The southern province is ruled by a Pakistan People’s Party(PPP)-led government. PPP is also in charge of the federal government.
The capital of the province is Karachi, the country`s largest city and its financial hub.
The province of Sindh is named after the Indus River, which was previously called `Sindhu`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!