Pakistan to set up panel to probe Abbottabad incident
Lahore: An independent commission will be set up in a day or two to probe the Abbottabad incident in which US commandos shot dead Osama bin Laden, Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said.
Malik said: "No single political party but the parliament is to be credited with the constitution of the independent commission on Abbottabad incident."
Osama was gunned down May 2 by US Navy commandos who sneaked into Pakistan using stealth helicopters and then stormed the al Qaeda leader`s high-walled hideout. The US said the daring raid was a unilateral action.
A news agency of Pakistan quoted Malik as saying that it seems Taliban have intensified their activities against the country after Osama`s killing.
He indicated on Sunday that joint operations with the US against high-value targets would be launched in future inside Pakistan.
The minister also announced a cash prize of Rs 5 million for any information about the PNS Mehran base attackers.
PNS Mehran, a key naval base in Karachi, was attacked by terrorists May 22 and security forces took 16 hours to bring the siege to an end. Two surveillance aircraft were destroyed in the attack.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal