Pakistan train blast kills 16; United Baloch Army claims responsibility for attack
Zee Media Bureau
Islamabad: At least 16 people were Tuesday killed and over 40 others injured in a bomb explosion in a train at a railway station in Pakistan`s Balochistan province, media reported.
The number of people killed in the train blast reached 16 at night with 40 people being injured, Geo News reported.
The outlawed United Baloch Army claimed responsibility for the attack.
Federal MInister for Railways Khawaja Saad Rafique said a woman is suspected to be behind the attack.
As the blast occurred inside the bogie of Jaffer Express at Sibi railway station of the Sibi city, the deceased included four children and three women while the injured included 19 critically wounded people.
The bomb was planted inside the washroom of bogie number 9 of the Jaffar Express, which went off as the train arrived at the Sibi railway station, initial reports suggested.
The train had arrived 10 minutes ahead of schedule at the station. The blast took place prior to the security clearance of the train, a senior railway official said, adding the fire caused by the blast also spread to three other bogies of the train.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened