Pakistan train blast kills 16; United Baloch Army claims responsibility for attack
Zee Media Bureau
Islamabad: At least 16 people were Tuesday killed and over 40 others injured in a bomb explosion in a train at a railway station in Pakistan`s Balochistan province, media reported.
The number of people killed in the train blast reached 16 at night with 40 people being injured, Geo News reported.
The outlawed United Baloch Army claimed responsibility for the attack.
Federal MInister for Railways Khawaja Saad Rafique said a woman is suspected to be behind the attack.
As the blast occurred inside the bogie of Jaffer Express at Sibi railway station of the Sibi city, the deceased included four children and three women while the injured included 19 critically wounded people.
The bomb was planted inside the washroom of bogie number 9 of the Jaffar Express, which went off as the train arrived at the Sibi railway station, initial reports suggested.
The train had arrived 10 minutes ahead of schedule at the station. The blast took place prior to the security clearance of the train, a senior railway official said, adding the fire caused by the blast also spread to three other bogies of the train.
With Agency Inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India