Pakistan troops kill 18 militants in northwest
Parachinar: A Pakistani paramilitary spokesman says troops have killed at least 18 suspected militants in an intense gunbattle near the Afghan border.
Frontier Corps Lt Col Tahir Akram says the fighting on Friday involved militants who attacked troops while trying to retake a security checkpoint in the Taliban-infested Orakzai tribal region.
He said the security forces repulsed the attack and captured four insurgents. One soldier was wounded.
Government forces had evicted insurgents last week from the same checkpoint in the Baizoti area.
Pakistan began a major operation against insurgents in Orakzai in mid-March. Nearly 300 militants have been killed so far.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India