Pakistan, UNESCO sign MoU to set up Malala fund
Paris: Pakistan and UNESCO have signed an agreement to establish Malala fund to support the education of girls in Pakistan and other countries.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by Pakistan`s Education Minister Sheikh Waqas Akram and UNESCO`s director general Irina Bokova at the UN headquarters in Paris.
Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, who was also present on this occasion, visited Malala Yousafzai a few days ago in a hospital in Britain`s Birmingham city where she is recuperating from the gunshot wound.
On October 09, the 15-year-old education activist from Pakistan`s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province was shot in the head and neck by Taliban militants while returning home by a school bus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand