Pakistan, UNESCO sign MoU to set up Malala fund
Paris: Pakistan and UNESCO have signed an agreement to establish Malala fund to support the education of girls in Pakistan and other countries.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by Pakistan`s Education Minister Sheikh Waqas Akram and UNESCO`s director general Irina Bokova at the UN headquarters in Paris.
Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, who was also present on this occasion, visited Malala Yousafzai a few days ago in a hospital in Britain`s Birmingham city where she is recuperating from the gunshot wound.
On October 09, the 15-year-old education activist from Pakistan`s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province was shot in the head and neck by Taliban militants while returning home by a school bus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?