Pakistan, UNESCO sign MoU to set up Malala fund
Paris: Pakistan and UNESCO have signed an agreement to establish Malala fund to support the education of girls in Pakistan and other countries.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by Pakistan`s Education Minister Sheikh Waqas Akram and UNESCO`s director general Irina Bokova at the UN headquarters in Paris.
Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, who was also present on this occasion, visited Malala Yousafzai a few days ago in a hospital in Britain`s Birmingham city where she is recuperating from the gunshot wound.
On October 09, the 15-year-old education activist from Pakistan`s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province was shot in the head and neck by Taliban militants while returning home by a school bus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured