Pakistan, UNESCO sign MoU to set up Malala fund
Paris: Pakistan and UNESCO have signed an agreement to establish Malala fund to support the education of girls in Pakistan and other countries.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by Pakistan`s Education Minister Sheikh Waqas Akram and UNESCO`s director general Irina Bokova at the UN headquarters in Paris.
Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, who was also present on this occasion, visited Malala Yousafzai a few days ago in a hospital in Britain`s Birmingham city where she is recuperating from the gunshot wound.
On October 09, the 15-year-old education activist from Pakistan`s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province was shot in the head and neck by Taliban militants while returning home by a school bus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown