Pakistan unhappy with India-Russia arms deal
Islamabad: Pakistan Thursday expressed its unhappiness over a just-concluded $2.9 billion arms deal between India and Russia, a media report said.
Commenting on the arms agreement, Pakistani Foreign Office spokesperson Moazzam Ahmad Khan said that anything which may initiate a nuclear or conventional arms race will not augur well for the region, Xinhua reported.
The defence agreement was signed in New Delhi during a visit by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Under the deal, India will buy 42 Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jets and 71 Mi-17 helicopters, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?