Pakistan unhappy with India-Russia arms deal
Islamabad: Pakistan Thursday expressed its unhappiness over a just-concluded $2.9 billion arms deal between India and Russia, a media report said.
Commenting on the arms agreement, Pakistani Foreign Office spokesperson Moazzam Ahmad Khan said that anything which may initiate a nuclear or conventional arms race will not augur well for the region, Xinhua reported.
The defence agreement was signed in New Delhi during a visit by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Under the deal, India will buy 42 Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jets and 71 Mi-17 helicopters, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back