Pakistan unhappy with India-Russia arms deal
Islamabad: Pakistan Thursday expressed its unhappiness over a just-concluded $2.9 billion arms deal between India and Russia, a media report said.
Commenting on the arms agreement, Pakistani Foreign Office spokesperson Moazzam Ahmad Khan said that anything which may initiate a nuclear or conventional arms race will not augur well for the region, Xinhua reported.
The defence agreement was signed in New Delhi during a visit by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Under the deal, India will buy 42 Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jets and 71 Mi-17 helicopters, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site