Pakistan unhappy with India-Russia arms deal
Islamabad: Pakistan Thursday expressed its unhappiness over a just-concluded $2.9 billion arms deal between India and Russia, a media report said.
Commenting on the arms agreement, Pakistani Foreign Office spokesperson Moazzam Ahmad Khan said that anything which may initiate a nuclear or conventional arms race will not augur well for the region, Xinhua reported.
The defence agreement was signed in New Delhi during a visit by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Under the deal, India will buy 42 Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jets and 71 Mi-17 helicopters, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi