Pakistan unhappy with India-Russia arms deal
Islamabad: Pakistan Thursday expressed its unhappiness over a just-concluded $2.9 billion arms deal between India and Russia, a media report said.
Commenting on the arms agreement, Pakistani Foreign Office spokesperson Moazzam Ahmad Khan said that anything which may initiate a nuclear or conventional arms race will not augur well for the region, Xinhua reported.
The defence agreement was signed in New Delhi during a visit by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Under the deal, India will buy 42 Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jets and 71 Mi-17 helicopters, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack