Pakistan urges Afghanistan to help free youths
Islamabad: Pakistan`s interior minister has
called on Afghan President Hamid Karzai to help win the
freedom of around 30 young Pakistanis being held captive by
The youth were abducted in Afghanistan four days ago after
crossing into Kunar province on day-trip from their border
The Pakistani Taliban say it abducted them because they
belong to a tribe opposed to the militants.
In comments to reporters, Minister Rehman Malik requested
Karzai get the boys released.
Afghan officials have said they are not aware of the
Pakistani officials have said the captives were under 16;
the Taliban say they have released the youngsters, and are
only holding young men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?
- Bihar road rage: Manorama Devi's bail plea postponed
- ‘Just married’ Bipasha Basu’s response to Raj Kundra’s ‘family planning’ question is epic!
- Delhi wakes to cool morning after rain, thunderstorm bring down mercury