Pakistan, US discuss regional situation
Islamabad: US Special Envoy for Pakistan and Afghanistan James Dobbins has opened talks with Pakistani leaders on bilateral and regional issues, focusing on the situation in Afghanistan, officials here said Thursday.
Pakistan today said that it was looking for openness and transparency in its relationship with the US, demanding a genuine appreciation of its role.
It is Dobbins`s first visit to Pakistan after the April 5 presidential and parliamentary elections in Afghanistan, and officials said both sides would share thoughts about the post-NATO Afghanistan, Xinhua reported.
Dobbins, who arrived from Afghanistan, met Sartaj Aziz, adviser to the Prime Minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs, and exchanged views on a wide range of issues.
He will also meet Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and army chief Gen. Raheel Sharif.
"During the visit, views will be exchanged on the situation of Afghanistan. These meetings will also provide an opportunity to discuss bilateral relations," foreign ministry spokesperson Tasnim Aslam said.
Dobbins visited Islamabad in June, October and in December last year.
He also accompanied Secretary of State John Kerry during his visit to Pakistan in July-August 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray