Pakistan violates ceasefire again
Jammu: Violating the ceasefire again, Pakistani troops opened small arms firing at two forward areas in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, drawing retaliation from Indian forces.
"There was small arms firing by Pakistan Army on Indian forward posts in two sub-sectors along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district from last night," Defence Spokesman S N Acharya said today.
Pakistani troops fired with small arms at Gamdhir and Mendhar sub-sectors along the LoC from 2115 hours and 2230 hours respectively, Acharya said, adding it lasted till 2345 hours.
Indian troops gave a "calibrated response", resulting in heavy exchanges that were going on when reports last came in from the area, he said, adding there was no report of loss of life or injury.
Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire along the LoC in two forward areas of Gigrial and Laukikan in Jammu district and targeted Indian posts with small arms and medium machine guns at 1720 hours last evening, he said, adding the firing continued till midnight without any casualty.
There have been over 90 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops from January 1.
Six jawans were killed and 13 people injured in ceasefire violations and firing by Pakistani troops at forward posts, civilian areas and patrol parties along the border in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!