Pakistan violates ceasefire again
Jammu: Violating the ceasefire again, Pakistani troops opened small arms firing at two forward areas in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, drawing retaliation from Indian forces.
"There was small arms firing by Pakistan Army on Indian forward posts in two sub-sectors along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district from last night," Defence Spokesman S N Acharya said today.
Pakistani troops fired with small arms at Gamdhir and Mendhar sub-sectors along the LoC from 2115 hours and 2230 hours respectively, Acharya said, adding it lasted till 2345 hours.
Indian troops gave a "calibrated response", resulting in heavy exchanges that were going on when reports last came in from the area, he said, adding there was no report of loss of life or injury.
Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire along the LoC in two forward areas of Gigrial and Laukikan in Jammu district and targeted Indian posts with small arms and medium machine guns at 1720 hours last evening, he said, adding the firing continued till midnight without any casualty.
There have been over 90 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops from January 1.
Six jawans were killed and 13 people injured in ceasefire violations and firing by Pakistani troops at forward posts, civilian areas and patrol parties along the border in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video