Pakistan violates ceasefire again
Jammu: Violating the ceasefire again, Pakistani troops opened small arms firing at two forward areas in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, drawing retaliation from Indian forces.
"There was small arms firing by Pakistan Army on Indian forward posts in two sub-sectors along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district from last night," Defence Spokesman S N Acharya said today.
Pakistani troops fired with small arms at Gamdhir and Mendhar sub-sectors along the LoC from 2115 hours and 2230 hours respectively, Acharya said, adding it lasted till 2345 hours.
Indian troops gave a "calibrated response", resulting in heavy exchanges that were going on when reports last came in from the area, he said, adding there was no report of loss of life or injury.
Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire along the LoC in two forward areas of Gigrial and Laukikan in Jammu district and targeted Indian posts with small arms and medium machine guns at 1720 hours last evening, he said, adding the firing continued till midnight without any casualty.
There have been over 90 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops from January 1.
Six jawans were killed and 13 people injured in ceasefire violations and firing by Pakistani troops at forward posts, civilian areas and patrol parties along the border in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack