Pakistan wants full SCO membership
Islamabad: President Asif Ali Zardari would pitch for Pakistan`s full membership of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) during the two-day meeting of the regional grouping that starts on Wednesday, it was reported here.
Besides participating in the SCO meeting, Zardari would hold meetings with Chinese leadership on future cooperation in the entire spectrum of bilateral relations between the two countries, Associated Press of Pakistan reported.
President`s spokesperson Farhatullah Babar said that Pakistan has been actively participating in the SCO and is keen to get its full membership.
The SCO comprises regional giants Russia and China and the energy-rich Central Asian states, including Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan.
Pakistan, along with India, Iran and Mongolia, are currently observers at the SCO.
The future of the organisation and the expansion of membership will loom large on the agenda at 12th SCO summit in Beijing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why