Pakistan wants resumption of dialogue with India: Chaudhry
Islamabad: Pakistan wants resumption of dialogue process with India so that all outstanding issues, including the "core issue" of Jammu and Kashmir are resolved, Foreign Secretary Aizaz Chaudhry said on Tuesday.
Briefing a group of foreign envoys posted here, Chaudhry emphasised that resolution of the Kashmir issue was pivotal for ensuring peace and security in the region.
"The Foreign Secretary also stated that while remaining firm on its just stance, Pakistan has always emphasised the necessity of a meaningful and constructive dialogue with India to resolve the Kashmir issue," a statement released by the Pakistan Foreign Office said.
"He stressed the importance of resumption of the dialogue process between Pakistan and India so that all outstanding disputes, including the core issue of Jammu and Kashmir are resolved," it said.
Chaudhry held briefings for European Union, P-5 and OIC Ambassadors posted in Islamabad in connection with `Kashmir Solidarity Day` being observed by Pakistan tomorrow.
The Foreign Secretary reiterated Pakistan`s unwavering political, moral and diplomatic support to Kashmiri people.
He also highlighted the important role of the international community in helping to bring about a sustainable and lasting solution to this issue.
Chaudhry said that it was encouraging to observe that despite the pause in the composite dialogue, the Confidence Building Measures continue which is reflective of the desire by Kashmiris on both sides to engage with each other and interact on a frequent basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi