Pakistan wants resumption of dialogue with India: Chaudhry
Islamabad: Pakistan wants resumption of dialogue process with India so that all outstanding issues, including the "core issue" of Jammu and Kashmir are resolved, Foreign Secretary Aizaz Chaudhry said on Tuesday.
Briefing a group of foreign envoys posted here, Chaudhry emphasised that resolution of the Kashmir issue was pivotal for ensuring peace and security in the region.
"The Foreign Secretary also stated that while remaining firm on its just stance, Pakistan has always emphasised the necessity of a meaningful and constructive dialogue with India to resolve the Kashmir issue," a statement released by the Pakistan Foreign Office said.
"He stressed the importance of resumption of the dialogue process between Pakistan and India so that all outstanding disputes, including the core issue of Jammu and Kashmir are resolved," it said.
Chaudhry held briefings for European Union, P-5 and OIC Ambassadors posted in Islamabad in connection with `Kashmir Solidarity Day` being observed by Pakistan tomorrow.
The Foreign Secretary reiterated Pakistan`s unwavering political, moral and diplomatic support to Kashmiri people.
He also highlighted the important role of the international community in helping to bring about a sustainable and lasting solution to this issue.
Chaudhry said that it was encouraging to observe that despite the pause in the composite dialogue, the Confidence Building Measures continue which is reflective of the desire by Kashmiris on both sides to engage with each other and interact on a frequent basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price