Pakistan withdraws diplomatic staff from Syria
Islamabad: Pakistan has decided to temporarily withdraw its ambassador and staff from Syria due to deteriorating security situation, the Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
However, the embassy in Syria has not been closed, Foreign Ministry spokesman Muazzam Khan said.
"Pakistan is concerned about security situation in Syria as well as killing of civilians and call upon all parties to resolve the issue through peaceful means," he told the weekly press briefing.
The spokesman also said Pakistan has shared dossier about Pakistani Taliban leader, Maulvi Fazlullah, both with ISAF and Afghanistan and hoped that they would take action against him.
The military said that Fazalullah had fled to Afghanistan after the security forces conducted military operation in the northwestern Swat valley in 2009. Officials said that he has regrouped his fighters in Afghanistan border regions and launches attacks on Pakistani posts and villages.
The American ambassador to Pakistan has said that the coalition forces would take action against Fazlullah if Pakistan provided information about him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged