Pakistan won’t link Ajmal Kasab to Sarabjit: Rehman Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that his government will not link the issue of Sarabjit Singh, death row convict, with the execution of Ajmal Kasab.
Speaking to ABP News, Malik said, “Pakistan government will not link the issue of releasing Sarabjit Singh to the execution of Ajmal Kasab.”
“You know the resolve of Pakistan and our stated position that we are against terrorism. If someone has done an act of terrorism, I think that terrorist should meet his logical end,” the Interior Minister further said.
Malik said Pakistan would contact India if Kasab`s family approaches the government for his body.
Sarabjit, a resident of Indian Punjab`s border belt of Bhikhiwind, is lodged in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat prison for the last over 22 years. His family, particularly his sister Dalbir Kaur, has been fighting for his release with a sustained campaign in India and Pakistan.
Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist Kasab was hanged till death at the Yerawada Central Prison in Pune on Wednesday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?