Pakistan won’t link Ajmal Kasab to Sarabjit: Rehman Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that his government will not link the issue of Sarabjit Singh, death row convict, with the execution of Ajmal Kasab.
Speaking to ABP News, Malik said, “Pakistan government will not link the issue of releasing Sarabjit Singh to the execution of Ajmal Kasab.”
“You know the resolve of Pakistan and our stated position that we are against terrorism. If someone has done an act of terrorism, I think that terrorist should meet his logical end,” the Interior Minister further said.
Malik said Pakistan would contact India if Kasab`s family approaches the government for his body.
Sarabjit, a resident of Indian Punjab`s border belt of Bhikhiwind, is lodged in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat prison for the last over 22 years. His family, particularly his sister Dalbir Kaur, has been fighting for his release with a sustained campaign in India and Pakistan.
Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist Kasab was hanged till death at the Yerawada Central Prison in Pune on Wednesday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation